The Nursing Program is a 1+1, full-time, multiple entry/exit, 18-month program leading to an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing. The student will receive education to perform nursing interventions with precision and efficiency consistent with current concepts and evidence based practices. Professionals in the nursing field teach nursing theory in the classroom. Under professional supervision, students obtain extensive clinical experience through hands-on experiential training. Successful completion of the first year will prepare the student to receive a Certificate in Practical Nursing and for licensure through the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN®). Successful completion of the second year will prepare the student for licensure through the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN®). Students will receive an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing.
Nursing at NCK Tech is a competitive application process. Students need to complete the pre-requisite courses (see below) and the application for either the Practical Nursing or ADN program. This application is separate from the application to the college.
- Provide nursing care within the scope of the ethical and legal responsibilities of practical nursing.
- Utilized the nursing process to identify basic needs of the client throughout the life span for health promotion and maintenance, or when biological, spiritual, cultural and psychosocial needs are not being met.
- Provide safe and skillful therapeutic care in simple nursing situations based on knowledge of biological, cultural, spiritual, and psychosocial needs of the client throughout the lifespan.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with the client, the client’s family and the members of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Demonstrate responsibilities of the practical nurse as an individual who collaborates within the healthcare system and the community.
Associate Degree in Nursing:
- Formulate safe and effective clinical judgments guided by the nursing process, clinical reasoning, and evidence-based practice.
- Integrate caring behaviors in practicing the art and science of nursing within a diverse population.
- Demonstrate effective communication methods to manage client needs and to interact with other healthcare team members.
- Collaborate with clients and members of the inter-professional health care team to optimize client outcomes.
- Implement professional standards and scope of practice within legal, ethical, and regulatory frame works.
- Manage care and provide leadership to meet client needs using available resources and current technology.
- Generate teaching and learning processes to promote and maintain health and to reduce risks for a global population.
Students will purchase a lab kit once lab courses start.
A.D. Nursing Additional Information
Practical Nursing Admission Requirements & Application Process
Associate Degree Nursing Admission Requirements & Application Process
Frequently Asked Questions
Required General Education Classes & Point's Possible for Admission
TEAS Entry Testing
Student Achievement Data
Public Notice of Accreditation Visit
|Foundations of Nursing
|Foundations of Nursing Lab
|Medical/Surgical Nursing Across the Life Span I
|Medical/Surgical Nursing Across the Lifespan I Clinical
|Medical/Surgical Nursing Across the Life Span II
|Medical/Surgical Nursing Across the Life Span II Clinical
|Maternal Child Nursing
|Mental Health Nursing
|Socialization into Practical Nursing
|Professional Nursing Role Transitions
|Perspectives of Health Assessment and IV Therapy
|Advanced Medical/Surgical Nursing Across the Life Span I
|Advanced Medical/Surgical Nursing Across the Life Span II
|Advanced Medical/Surgical Nursing Across the Life Span III Clinical
|Perspectives in Oncology NursingELECTIVE
|Advanced Medical/Surgical Nursing Across the Life Span III
|Advanced Medical/Surgical Nursing Across the Life Span IV Clinical
|Advanced Maternal Child Nursing
|Advanced Mental Health Nursing
|Leadership for Professional Nursing Practice
|Perspectives in Critical Care NursingELECTIVE
|Special Topics in PharmacologyELECTIVE
General Education Course Requirements
|Anatomy & Physiology w/Lab T▸
|Principles of Nutrition T▸
|College Algebra T▸
|General Psychology T▸
|Human Growth and Development T▸
|English Composition I T▸
T▸ - Course eligible for transfer to a state university.