Steps to apply for Federal Student Aid at NCK Tech (School Code 005265)
1. Complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online.
Can be completed as soon as October 1 of the year preceding enrollment. We recommend the applicant and parent (if required) utilize the Data Retrieval Tool to transfer income tax directly from the IRS into the FAFSA. This can help to eliminate errors and confusion during submission of the FAFSA.
Students selected for verification must submit documents requested by NCK Tech financial aid office to validate entries on the submitted FAFSA.
Submit documents within two weeks of mailed request.
2. After the college receives your completed FAFSA, an Award Letter is sent from the financial aid office indicating the federal aid that the student is eligible to receive.
Requirements to receive the Award Letter:
1. Enrollment application
2. Successful completion of FAFSA
* If you do not receive an Award Letter within 30 days after submission of FAFSA, contact the Financial Aid Office at the college.
3. The college will solicit eligible federal grant funds, Stafford loans and PLUS loans based on student eligibility and accepted amounts indicated on the Award Letter.
4. NCK Technical College is enrolled in the Department of Education Direct Loan program. For information about student and parent loans, please visit the following website. Department of Education Direct Loan Program
5. Students seeking Stafford subsidized or unsubsidized loans for the first time must complete a Master Promissory Note with Direct Loans.
6. A parent seeking a PLUS (Parent Loan for Undergraduate Student) loan must complete a PLUS Master Promissory Note with Direct Loans.
The master promissory note authorizes the college to secure funds in your name through the Direct Loan program.
7. Before students receive Stafford loan funds for the first time from NCK Tech, they must complete Loan Entrance Counseling.
Note: Funds are not disbursed until 30 days after classes start. In order to receive subsequent disbursements of federal student aid, student must maintain enrollment and demonstrate satisfactory academic achievement (GPA 2.0 or better).Fees are collected on a semester basis, and Financial Aid Disbursements are made also on a semester basis.
8. Students who have received Stafford loans while attending NCK Tech must complete Loan Exiting Counseling prior to graduation. This process provides information about repayment options and contact information for the student and loan servicer.
Federal Student Aid
Students demonstrating financial need may qualify for the following types of federal aid:
Federal Supplemental Education Grant
Federal Work Study
Subsidized Stafford Loan
Other aid available, regardless of need:
Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS Loan)
Kansas State Aid
Students may qualify for funding from the following supporting agencies to help with college expenses. Contact the appropriate agency to determine eligibility requirements.
Links to Federal Student Aid Websites
Direct Loan Servicing website (Complete entrance and exit counseling, make payments, view account balance, etc.)
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Fill out a FAFSA
Register for PIN
Provide Electronic Signature
Make corrections to a FAFSA
Find School Codes
Student Aid on the Web
U.S. Department of Education web site with information and references relating to federal student aid.
Mapping Your Future
One stop site for students and parents with information on financial strategies, career options, and college planning. Entrance and exit loan counseling.