This course will enable the student to perform safely and competently the intravenous fluid therapy activities as defined in the Kansas Nurse Practice Act. The course is based on the nursing process and current intravenous nursing standards of practice. The student must be prepared to complete all the pre-clinical requirements for the Department of Nursing.
Course enrollment requirements:
- Copy of your LPN license (this is needed to verify that you are in good standing with the Kansas State Board of Nursing)
- Copy of liability insurance (this needs to be your own policy; not one from your employer) The following site is a good nursing malpractice site that is affordable: www.nso.com
- Copy of driver’s license
Summer 2023 course details (Registration for this course will not begin until after March 27th):
- Four dates for course offerings (Classes must have 5 students enrolled in order to be taught):
July 17-20, 2023
- Tuition/fees/supplies is $530.00, plus a $50.00 application for admission fee if you are not a current NCK Tech student or have not taken classes with us in the last five years. All tuition and fees are due to save your seat in the course.
- Class size is limited to 10 students
- Apply and enroll in class to reserve your seat
- Once you apply and enroll online, all required documents named above need sent to Brenda Orr at firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to the Business Occupations Center on the Hays campus to Tricia Cline.
To request additional course information, or if you have any questions, please contact Brenda Orr at email@example.com or 785-623-6161.