Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
CNA courses provide students with training in basic nursing skills such as bathing, grooming, mobility, infection control, feeding and vital signs. While the course is focused on the care of older adult patients, the skills learned may be applied in a variety of health care settings. The course is developed using Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Service Kansas Certified Nurse Aide Curriculum. Coursework includes lecture, skills lab and clinical components. Upon successful completion of the course and the required clinical hours, students are eligible to sit for the State CNA Certification Test. Certified CNA’s can gain employment in a variety of settings such as nursing homes, assisted living facilities, home health organizations, hospitals, and physicians’ offices.
CNA courses are offered either on the Hays campus (face-to-face) or through a hybrid/online format (class is online and lab/clinical is in-person) every fall, spring and summer semester. Course costs will vary from year-to-year, so please check the current course schedule or contact NCK Tech for more information.
Inactive CNA status
A CNA Refresher Course is offered for students whose Kansas CNA certification has become inactive.
Current Course Offerings
- Fall 2023 – CNA Refresher Course in Hays
- Spring 2024 – CNA Hybrid/Online with clinicals in Beloit
- Spring 2024 – CNA Hybrid/Online with clinicals in Hays – Class is at capacity
- Spring 2024 – CNA Hybrid/Online with clinicals in Plainville
- Spring 2024 – CNA Hybrid/Online with clinicals in Stockton
- Spring 2024 – CNA Face-to-Face Course with clinicals in Hays
Important Enrollment Requirements
- Must be at least 16 years of age by course end date.
- Must be able to attend ALL class, lab and clinical sessions – be sure you know the schedule before enrolling!
- Class size is limited. Students do NOT have a seat in class until the application and payment have been completed.
- CNA and CMA classes are non-refundable and are not eligible for use with financial aid funds.
- Student can not drop or withdraw from CNA or CMA courses.
- TB skin test within the past year is required.
- Flu vaccination may be required by the clinical facility during fall/winter months.
- Physical requirements: To provide safe, effective resident care in a learning environment you must be able to lift 50+ pounds. If you have physical limitations or any pre-existing conditions, please provide a medical provider’s note of medical clearance for resident safety or plan to take this course at another time.
- Online Learners must be computer literate and have reliable internet accessibility.
- Criminal convictions may jeopardize eligibility for certification and/or employment.
To request core course information, or if you have any questions, please contact Silver VanWey, RN via email (email@example.com) or via phone (785-623-6151). Please be sure to clearly indicate which class you are requesting information on and include your name, address, phone number and email address.
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|AH-010||Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)||5|
T▸ - Course eligible for transfer to a state university.