Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
CNA courses provide students with training in basic nursing skills such as bathing, grooming, mobility, infection control, feeding and vital signs. While the course is focused on the care of older adult patients, the skills learned may be applied in a variety of health care settings. The course is developed using Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Service Kansas Certified Nurse Aide Curriculum. Coursework includes lecture, skills lab and clinical components. Upon successful completion of the course and the required clinical hours, students are eligible to sit for the State CNA Certification Test. Certified CNA’s can gain employment in a variety of settings such as nursing homes, assisted living facilities, home health organizations, hospitals, and physicians’ offices.
The CNA course is also offered in a hybrid Online/Traditional format at various times throughout the year. There is an additional cost associated with the online courses. Course costs will vary from year to year, so please check the current course schedule or contact NCK Tech for current costs.
CNA Course Enrollment Requirements:
- Must be at least 16 years of age by course end date.
- Must be able to attend ALL class, lab and clinical sessions – be sure you know the schedule before enrolling!
- TB skin test within the past year is required – please submit documentation with application.
- Flu vaccination may be required by the clinical facility during fall/winter months.
- Physical requirements: To provide safe, effective resident care in a learning environment you must be able to lift 50+ pounds. If you have physical limitations or any pre-existing conditions, please provide a medical provider’s note of medical clearance for resident safety or plan to take this course at another time.
- Online Learners: Must be computer literate and have reliable internet accessibility.
- Criminal convictions: Criminal conviction may jeopardize eligibility for certification and/or employment.
Inactive CNA status
A CNA Refresher Course is offered for students whose Kansas CNA certification has become inactive. Please see the CNA course schedule for available dates and prices.
Class size is limited. Students who meet requirements AND have payment will be on a first come-first served basis.
Courses must be paid in full to save your seat in the course.
Short term classes, including short term general education classes, summer classes and online classes are non-refundable.
To request core course information, or if you have any questions, please contact Jana Donnelly, RN via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via phone (785-623-6151). Please be sure to clearly indicate which class you are requesting information on and include your name, address, phone number and email address.
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|AH-010||Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)||5|
T▸ - Course eligible for transfer to a state university.