The Business Technology Program prepares students for positions in a business environment. In the one-year program, students receive training in the latest business software applications and create business projects using interactive software, databases and multimedia applications. In addition, students use computerized accounting programs to prepare, interpret and analyze the financial statements required for effective business management. Upon successful completion of the program, students receive a Business Technology Certificate.
- Demonstrate the technical skills for entry-level employment.
- Demonstrate the skill to use business office application software in a proficient manner.
- Measure professionalism to model attendance and appearance in entry-level positions.
- Apply the basic practices and principles involved in modern business.
- Create an online presence of businesses including emerging digital technologies and trends in the marketplace.
- Demonstrate business communication skills by exchanging information in both traditional and digital formats.
This program offers a seamless transition to Fort Hays State University for the following degrees:Organizational Leadership (B.S.)
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|BT-102||Technology in Business||3|
|BT-104||Word Processing Applications||3|
|BMGT-111||Foundations of Personal Finance||3|
|General Education Course Requirements|
|CIS-100||Computer Applications T▸||3|
|MA-102||Essential Math T▸||3|
|SS-100||General Psychology T▸||3|
T▸ - Course eligible for transfer to a state university.