The Business Technology Program prepares students for positions in a business environment. In the one-year program, students receive training in the latest business software applications and create business projects using interactive software, databases and multimedia applications. In addition, students use computerized accounting programs to prepare, interpret and analyze the financial statements required for effective business management. Upon successful completion of the program, students receive a Business Technology Certificate.
- Demonstrate the skills for entry-level employment in their field.
- Demonstrate the skill to use a database software package.
- Demonstrate the skill to use a spreadsheet software package.
- Demonstrate the skill to use a word processing software package.
- Demonstrate the skill to journalize, post, and complete financial statements.
- Demonstrate technical skills for entry-level employment.
- Demonstrate attitudes and behavior to perform entry-level employment in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate communication, mathematic, behavioral science, and computer literacy skills.
This program offers a seamless transition to Fort Hays State University for the following degrees:Organizational Leadership (B.S.)
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|BY-102||Technology in Business||3|
|BT-104||Word Processing Applications||3|
|SS-102||Student Success Seminar||1|
|BMGT-111||Foundations of Personal Finance||3|
|General Education Course Requirements|
|CIS-100||Computer Applications T▸||3|
|SS-100||General Psychology T▸||3|
T▸ - Course eligible for transfer to a state university.