The Welding Program provides specialized training in welding safety, welding theory, mathematics, cost analysis, blueprint reading and pipe template development. Students learn a variety of welding techniques including SMAW, GMAW, FCAW and GTAW as well as oxy-fuel welding/cutting and carbon arc and plasma cutting/gouging. Students become proficient in all national code and standard positions on mild steel, aluminum and stainless steel plate and pipe. Upon successful completion of the one-year program, students receive a Welding Certificate and are eligible to sit for certification examinations in a wide variety of welding disciplines.
- Apply safe working practices while welding and cutting.
- Prepare quality welds using the SMAW process on pipe and plate in all positions.
- Prepare quality welds using the OFW/Brazing process in all positions.
- Produce quality cuts using various cutting equipment and techniques on carbon, stainless and aluminum in all positions.
- Prepare quality welds using GMAW/FCAW process on pipe and plate in all positions.
- Prepare quality welds using GTAW process on carbon, stainless and aluminum in all positions.
- Prepare working drawings or blueprints to produce quality products.
- Construct products from blueprints.
Skills USA Awards – Beloit
Skills USA 2016 National Awards
Bronze Medal in Welding Fabrication – Kyle Alflen, Bryan Dome, Danae Buschkoetter
Skills USA 2015 National Awards
National Champion in Welding Fabrication – Vance Appleby, Caleb Jarchow, Nathan Kuhn
Skills USA 2014 National Awards
National Champion in Welding – Curtiss Anderson
Silver Medal in Welding Fabrication – Jacob Arnold, Joel Hayes, Joe Pfiefer
Kansas Skills USA Medals (2002-Present)
20 Gold Medals
8 Silver Medals
5 Bronze Medals
Post Graduate Jobs
|Job Title||Annual Salary|
|Oilfield Maintenance and Repair||$22|
View More Jobs on Indeed.com
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|WL-100||Welding Safety/OSHA 10||1|
|WL-102||SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding)||3|
|WL-105||Special Welding Procedures||3|
|WL-106A||Blueprint Reading/Welding Symbols I||3|
|WL-110||Advanced Cutting Processes||2|
|SS-102||Student Success Seminar||1|
|WL-103||GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding)||3|
|WL-104||GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding)||3|
|WL-106B||Blueprint Reading/Welding Symbols II||4|
|WL-111||Advanced Pipe Welding||2|
|WL-112||CNC Plasma Cutting||2|
|WL-113||FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding)||2|
|WL-114||Introduction to Welding Robotics||1|
|General Education Course Requirements|
|CIS-100||Computer Applications T▸||3|
|SS-100||General Psychology T▸||3|
T▸ - Course eligible for transfer to a state university.