Your privacy is important to us, and our policy is simple: We require no personally identifiable information. You can use the application in complete anonymity, unless you choose to provide that information. For example, your user profile section. Any information provided by you (your name, username, email, URLs) may be shared.
Approved Uses for Social Security Numbers (SSN)
The SSN is required for certain legal and business activities and to ensure the accuracy of inter-institutional data exchanges and communications between institutions involved in those activities. Approved uses of the SSN by the College are listed below.
- Employment: The SSN is required for a variety of employment matters; such as proof of citizenship, tax withholding, FICA, or Medicare.
- Application and Receipt of Financial Aid: Students applying for student aid using the federal Free Application For Student Assistance (FAFSA) are required to provide SSNs. Students are also required to provide SSNs when applying for student education loans.
- Tuition Remission: The SSN is required for state reporting of taxable tuition remission benefits received by employees, their spouses and dependents, and by graduate assistants.
- Benefits Administration: The SSN is often required for verifying enrollment, processing, and reporting on various benefit programs, such as medical benefits, health insurance claims and veterans’ programs.
- IRS Reporting: The SSN is used for federally required reporting to the IRS. For example, the University reports the value of all taxable and non-taxable scholarships and grants awarded to non-resident aliens to the IRS.
- Student Information Exchange: Many institutions, including postsecondary educational institutions, use the SSN as a student identifier. The SSN may be used for the exchange of information from student academic records between appropriate institutions, including other colleges and universities or certification and licensure programs.
What We Collect
The server on which the app is located collects and saves only the information customarily logged by web server software. Such information may include the date and time of your visit, the originating IP address, and the pages and images requested.
Disclosure Regarding Google Display Advertising
We have implemented Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising ( Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting). Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
We, along with third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how your ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to your site.
How you use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics.