The Culinary Arts Program provides the job knowledge and skills to enter the foodservice industry. Students gain valuable hands-on experience in nutrition, quantity foods, buffet decoration, catering and baking. During the one-year program, students craft amazing and fun foods using flames, knives and creative chemistry. Students work alongside a professional chef to create gourmet cuisine, cakes and pastries while developing entrepreneurial skills. Students who successfully complete the program receive a Culinary Arts Certificate.
- Apply proper personal hygiene, food handling safeguards, and standard cleaning and sanitizing techniques.
- Recognize and demonstrate safe and proper use of kitchen tools and equipment.
- Explain and illustrate an understanding of terminology and knowledge of food purchasing and inventory control.
- Demonstrate and understand the proper use of a standard recipe.
- Produce meats, fish and shellfish that meet industry standards.
- Produce properly cooked fruits, vegetables and starches.
- Incorporate standard baking practices to produce quality baked goods.
Got a question regarding the Culinary Arts program?
Post Graduate Jobs
|Job Title||Annual Salary|
|Food Service Director||$25,000|
View More Jobs on Indeed.com
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|CA-100||Sanitation, Safety & Housekeeping||3|
|CA-101||Standard Kitchen Tools & Equipment||3|
|CA-103||Food Purchasing & Inventory||3|
|CA-106||Recipe Structure & Uses||3|
|SS-102||Student Success Seminar||1|
|CA-104||Understanding & Cooking Meats, Fish & Shellfish||5|
|CA-107||Understanding & Cooking Fruits, Vegetables & Starches||5|
|CA-108||Understanding & Overview of Quality Baking||5|
|General Education Course Requirements|
|CIS-100||Computer Applications T▸||3|
|SS-100||General Psychology T▸||3|
T▸ - Course eligible for transfer to a state university.