The Electrical Technology Program offers students the opportunity to gain technical knowledge and experience in both residential and commercial wiring and industrial electrical maintenance. Students are trained in electrical theory, blueprint reading, motors, motor controls, programmable logic controls (PLC) and the National Electrical Code. Students study the fundamentals of renewable energy sources and experience hands-on training in all facets of electrical technology. Upon successful completion of the program students earn an Associate of Applied Science Degree and are eligible to sit for the state Journeyman Electrician’s License examination.
- Perform sizing, installation and maintenance of residential electrical systems.
- Perform sizing, installation and maintenance of commercial electrical systems.
- Perform sizing, installation and maintenance of industrial electrical systems.
- Interpret blueprints, schematics and diagrams.
- Follow established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Navigate and interpret the National Electric Code.
- Perform installation and maintenance of motors and generators.
- Perform installation and maintenance of transformers.
- Troubleshoot electrical and electronic systems.
- Use basic hand tools, meters and measuring devices.
- Demonstrate effective workplace and communication skills.
Post Graduate Jobs
|Job Title||Annual Salary|
|Technical Support Technician||$30,000|
|Plant Maintenance Manager||$50,000|
View More Jobs on Indeed.com
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|EL-105||Residential Wiring I||4|
|SS-102||Student Success Seminar||1|
|EL-109||Solar Energy Systems||2|
|EL-106||National Electrical Code I||4|
|EL-107||Electrical Motor Controls||4|
|HE-120||Locator Operations-Level I||1|
|EL-209||National Electrical Code II||4|
|EL-206||Commercial Wiring I||4|
|General Education Course Requirements|
|COM-103||English Composition I T▸||3|
|COM-105||Fundamentals of Oral Communication T▸||3|
|CIS-100||Computer Applications T▸||3|
|MA-111||College Algebra T▸||3|
|SS-100||General Psychology T▸||3|
T▸ - Course eligible for transfer to a state university.