Heavy Equipment Operation
The Heavy Equipment Operation Program incorporates the National Center for Construction, Education, and Research (NCCER) curriculum. NCCER certified instructors provide hands-on training using scrapers, motor graders, dozers, excavators, loaders and backhoes. Students check grade using GPS equipment and hand and laser levels. The program also includes theory training in rollers, asphalt and concrete paving equipment. Students may complete internships during their one-year course of study and, upon successful completion of the program, receive a Heavy Equipment Operation Certificate. The Heavy Equipment Operations program receives outstanding support from Murphy Tractor and Foley Equipment that allows the students the opportunity to train with late model John Deere and Caterpillar equipment.
Thanks to our industry partners
- Explore concepts and equipment related to underground technology.
- Safely operate crawler tractor for entry level employment in construction industry.
- Safely operate scraper for entry level employment in construction industry.
- Safely operate motor grader for entry level employment in construction industry.
- Safely operate loader tractor for entry level employment in construction industry.
- Safely operate backhoe and excavator for entry level employment in construction industry.
- Demonstrate the ability to check grade work.
Post Graduate Jobs
|Job Title||Annual Salary|
|Paving, Surfacing and Tampering Equipment Operators||$20|
|Operating Engineers and Construction Equipment Operators||$19|
|Highway Maintenance Worker||$14|
View More Jobs on Indeed.com
T▸ - Course eligible for transfer to a state university.
Optional: The Heavy Equipment Operation program can be combined with other construction trade programs (Carpentry/Cabinetmaking, or Plumbing Heating and Air-Conditioning) to achieve an Associate of Applied Science degree in Building Construction Technology. *Note additional General Education courses required.