Sponsorships are designed to assist students with the affordability of their college education and assist businesses with recruiting and retaining qualified employees for industries that are experiencing a workforce shortage.
What is a Student Sponsorship?
A student is considered “sponsored” when a company recruits or is matched with a prospective or current NCK Tech student who shows potential and interest as a future employee of the company.
Employers typically form a contractual agreement with a student outlining the expectations and incentives for both parties. The student enrolls in an NCK Tech academic program that will provide the education and training appropriate for the skills needed by the company in exchange for on-the-job training or employment later.
While there is no single model for sponsoring students, there are many common characteristics that have proven to be highly effective, such as:
- Tuition reimbursement agreements/contracts
- Tool purchasing agreements
- Signing bonuses or incentive paybacks
- Guaranteed education experiences and/or internships
- Uniform/branded apparel
BENEFITS TO STUDENTS
- Some incentives could reduce your program costs
- Employment after graduation, depending on agreement
- Training on the latest technology, equipment, and techniques
- Obtain real-world work experience and knowledge
BENEFITS TO EMPLOYERS
- Attract employees with guaranteed employment after graduation
- Highly skilled employees trained on the latest technology, equipment, and techniques
- Retain quality employees, depending on agreement
- Become a partner in education and train tomorrow’s workforce
- Possible tax incentives
For questions regarding sponsorship information please contact:
Jayme Owen, Dean of Student Success