The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing Program is a 1+1, full-time, multiple entry/exit, 18-month program leading to an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing. The student will receive education to perform nursing interventions with precision and efficiency consistent with current concepts and evidence based practices. Professionals in the nursing field teach nursing theory in the classroom. Under professional supervision, students obtain extensive clinical experience through hands-on experiential training. Successful completion of the first year will prepare the student for licensure through the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN®). Students will receive a certificate in Practical Nursing. Successful completion of the second year will prepare the student for licensure through the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN®). Students will receive an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing. This program was recently ranked as the Top Nursing Program in Kansas by registerednursing.org. See full story here.
Standardized Kansas ADN Alignment Graduate/Student Learning Outcomes
- Formulate safe and effective clinical judgments guided by the nursing process, clinical reasoning, and evidenced-based practice.
- Integrate caring behaviors in practicing the art and science of nursing within a diverse population.
- Demonstrate effective communication methods to manage client needs and to interact with other healthcare team members.
- Collaborate with clients and members of the inter-professional health care team to optimize client outcomes.
- Implement professional standards and scope of practice within legal, ethical, and regulatory frame works.
- Manage care and provide leadership to meet client needs using available resources and current technology.
- Generate teaching and learning processes to promote and maintain health and to reduce risks for a global population.
Students will purchase a lab kit once lab courses start.
A.D. Nursing Additional Information
Admission Requirements & Application Process
Frequently Asked Questions
Letter from the Director
Required General Education Classes & Point's Possible for Admission
TEAS Entry Testing
Student Achievement Data
T▸ - Course eligible for transfer to a state university.