Automated Controls Technology
The Automated Controls Technology Program provides students the opportunity to receive innovative instruction and training in AC/DC electronics, analog electronics, digital and microprocessor systems, programmable logic controllers, networking and microcomputer systems. Courses will focus on electronic and electrical theory and systems. Lab projects and live work aid in emphasizing theoretical material presented in lecture sessions. Upon completion, students are prepared for high-tech careers in automation engineering, industrial maintenance, controls engineering and programmable logic controller programming and repair. Students will earn an Associate of Applied Science degree upon successful completion of the program.
- Apply AC/DC theory and application in series, parallel and combination.
- Explore the role of solid state driven circuits and applications in Industrial Technology.•
- Program microprocessors and processor applications as applies to the automation industry.•
- Program PLCs (programmable logic controllers) and PLC based network systems as applied to the automation industry. •
- Build and maintain motors and motor control circuits and applications used in automation systems.•
- Apply the National Electric Code to automation and motor controls.
T▸ - Course eligible for transfer to a state university.