To schedule a TEAS testing appointment in Beloit please call Darcey Offutt at 785-738-9020. To schedule testing in Hays contact Jackie Haskell at 785-625-2437. This service is available from September to the end of January.
Practical Nursing Program students receive training to perform nursing intervention with precision and efficiency consistent with current evidence-based practices. Nursing professionals provide nursing theory instruction in the classroom, the campus laboratory and at clinical sites. Students obtain extensive clinical experience through hands-on experiential learning. Upon completion of the one-year program, students receive a Practical Nursing Certificate and are prepared for licensure through the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN®).
The graduate of NCKTC’s Practical Nursing Program will complete the objectives identified by the Kansas Core Curriculum. They are:
- Provide nursing care within the scope of the ethical and legal responsibilities of practical nursing.
- Utilized the nursing process to identify basic needs of the client throughout the life span for health promotion and maintenance, or when biological, spiritual, cultural and psychosocial needs are not being met.
- Provide safe and skillful therapeutic care in simple nursing situations based on knowledge of biological, cultural, spiritual, and psychosocial needs of the client throughout the lifespan.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with the client, the client’s family and the members of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Demonstrate responsibilities of the practical nurse as an individual who collaborates within the healthcare system and the community.
Admission Requirements and Application Process
Required General Education Classes and Points for Admission
TEAS Entry Testing
Got a question regarding the Practical Nursing program?
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|BIOL-230||Anatomy & Physiology w/Lab T▸||5|
|HE-230||Principles of Nutrition T▸||3|
|SS-100||General Psychology T▸||3|
|SS-105||Human Growth and Development T▸||3|
|KSPN-100||Foundations of Nursing||4|
|KSPN-106||Medical Surgical Nursing I||4|
|KSPN-115||Foundations of Nursing Clinical||2|
|KSPN-116||Medical Surgical Nursing I Clinical||3|
|PN-102A||Strategies for Success I||1|
|KSPN-108||Maternal Child Nursing||2|
|KSPN-112||Medical Surgical Nursing II||4|
|KSPN-117||Medical Surgical Nursing II Clinical||3|
|KSPN-118||Maternal Child Nursing Clinical||1|
|KSPN-120||Mental Health Nursing||2|
|PN-102B||Strategies for Success II||1|
|PN-123||Leadership for the PN||1|
|PN-130||Leadership for the PN Clinical||1|
T▸ - Course eligible for transfer to a state university.