You and Course Questions

* Are individual classes right for me and my schedule?

If you are seeking an education which can lead to a career that is rewarding, challenging, and well paid with opportunity for professional growth, then you will want to take a strong look at what North Central Kansas Technical College has to offer.  In addition to our numerous program and short-term program offerings, NCK Tech also offers a wide variety of General Education courses. Whether you are working towards a degree or want to expand your knowledge, our course offerings can help you reach your goal.

Taking Classes From NCK Tech

* What is the fee for courses from NCK Tech?

* What are the payment options for courses?

There are several payment options available, including:

  • Credit Card
  • Personal Check
  • Pay Pal
  • Cash

Please our Cashier, Sierra Senger , to make final payment arrangements; office hours are Monday-Friday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm. Contact information is as follows: Phone: 785-738-9003;
Fax: 785-738-2903;

Financial Aid is available for those students who qualify. The Financial Aid process requires at least two months to determine eligibility and confirm approval. Please contact the Financial Aid Office (785-738-9028) at least 60 days prior to the beginning of each course.

* When do classes start?

The traditional start dates for course are as follows:

  • Fall Semester – Fourth Monday in August
  • Spring Semester – Second Monday in January
  • Summer Semester – First Monday in June

Our Short Term programs will start at various times throughout the semester. Please contact the instructor or the college for further information on these specific classes.

* Do I need to meet any college or course requirements before enrolling?

Pre-enrollment requirements vary by course. Please visit our Admissions Web Page ( for further information on college entrance requirements and the course syllabus for further details on course requirements.

* How do I register for a NCK Tech course?

To enroll in a course, you must first complete the college’s Admissions Form and be admitted into the college. After the admissions process is complete, you will meet with a college Advisor to review the course requirements and register for courses. If there are no openings in the requested course, you will be placed on a waiting list and will be notified of such. If enrollment is sufficient to add another section for the course, you will be notified (via email).

* Are these classes transferable to other colleges/universities?

Please contact the Registrar (785-738-9058) for transfer and articulation information.

* How do I get my grades and transcripts when I have completed the course?

You may access the Student Learning Environment system for grades during the semester. You may also attain an unofficial grade from the site at the conclusion of the class. After completion of the course, you will be mailed an official grade sheet from the Registrar. To request a transcript, please complete the form Transcript Request and submit to:

NCK Tech
Attn: Registrar
3033 US Hwy 24, PO Box 507
Beloit, KS 67420

There is no fee for this service.

* Can I withdraw from a class?

You may withdraw from a class at any time prior the date established each semester as the “last date to withdraw from a course”. Please view our Academic Calendar for this date. To begin the withdrawal process, students in Beloit will see, Jayme Owen, Dean of Student Success, and students in Hays will see, Jackie Haskell, Student Success Coordinator. The application fee and any associated course fees are not refundable.

* How long do classes take?

Traditional classes are 16 weeks in length. Most classes will require three to nine hours a week of study time outside the classroom (depending upon the course and the number of credit hours).

Course Specific Questions

*What course materials are required?

Course materials (syllabus and textbooks) will be provided by the instructor on the first day of class. Students are required to purchase other materials (notebooks, pens, pencils, etc.). If you have specific questions, please contact the instructor.

*What are the class expectations?

Each instructor has different expectations for their courses; details for grading, homework, testing and class expectations may be found on the course syllabus. If you have specific questions, please contact the course instructor (contact information is listed on the syllabus).

*How are assignments handled?

Each instructor has rules on attendance, assignment due dates and testing procedures. This information may be found on the course syllabus and/or in the Student Learning Environment system.. If you have specific questions, please contact the course instructor (contact information is listed on the syllabus).

*Are there specific deadlines/timelines that I will need to meet?

Admission Timeline:

You must submit your Admissions Form before the closing date of enrollment for the semester.

Enrollment Timeline:

You must submit your Enrollment Form before the closing date of enrollment for the semester.

Books and Supplies:

Books and supplies should be on hand prior to the start of the course. You must communicate with your instructor if you are having difficulties purchasing books and supplies.

Payment Deadline:

All Fees and Supplies must be paid if full (or payment arrangements in place) before a Student ID will be issued.

Class work Deadlines:

Your instructor will identify all coursework timelines within the curriculum on the Angel Learning Environment web site. If you have conflict or questions please contact the instructor directly.

Grade Results:

You will be mailed an official grade sheet at the conclusion of the class. If you want additional grade reports, please contact the Registrar. Transcripts can be requested any time after the completion of the class. Please allow at least two weeks to process transcript requests.

*How do I contact the instructor?

Instructor contact information is included on the course syllabus, in the Student Learning Environment system and on the course schedule listed on our website. The Administrative staff may be contacted during regular business hours.

*What is the attendance policy?

Each instructor has established the course attendance policy. However, the College policy states that each student is responsible for and expected to attend all classes. If you are unable to attend a class, it is your responsibility to inform the instructor of your absence and communicate any attendance issue. If you have questions, please contact the instructor or the Dean of Student Services at (785) 738-9008.

Need Extra Help?

* How can I access other student services such as advising/counseling?

Please contact the Dean of Student Success at (785) 738-9037 or visit the Student Services or Student Success Center pages on our website. If you have special needs or accommodation requirements, please contact the Student Success Center at (785) 738- 9020.

* What library/tutoring services are available?

The Beloit campus offers a full service Student SuccessCenter, which includes library materials. Students on the Hays campus have full access to student services and resource material through the Fort Hays State Gateway plan. In addition, the Student Learning Environment system provides links to digital resources available to our students.