Location: Beloit, KS Campus
Reports to: Information Technology Director
Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Assistant IT Director is responsible for assisting the IT Director with the overall operation, instruction, installation and maintenance of the computerized communication networks at NCKTC campuses. The Assistant IT Director works directly with Administration, Faculty, Staff and Students to ensure all hardware, software, and networking systems are properly installed and maintained.
- Bachelors Degree in an appropriate field of study or Associate Degree with experience in an appropriate field.
- Networking, Internet, web site development and maintenance experience required.
- Higher education background/experience preferred.
- Previous supervisory or instructional experience preferred.
- Understanding of the diversity of instructional programs and strategies of a technical college preferred.
- Understanding of and ability to manage communication technology resources.
- Ability to train and supervise students and staff.
- Must have excellent organization and communication skills.
- Familiarity with new information technologies and commitment to their implementation, application, and maintenance.
- Employment dependent upon a pre-employment background screening
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Requires travel between campuses
- Indoors, environmentally controlled
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time
- Possible stress due to deadlines and/or dealing with unpleasant or angry people
- Regular attendance and timeliness
- Supervision of the following staff: IT Interns, IT Work Study Students
- Responsible for assisting the IT Director in:
- all NCKTC networks at Beloit and Hays.
- Manage and maintain all Windows Servers and Workstations.
- Oversee integration of the NCKTC Information System Servers.
- Manage Campus Secure Servers and provide proper security for campus network including, but not limited to backup, maintenance and disaster tolerance.
- Responsible for all PC maintenance on the Beloit and Hays Campuses.
- Develop or recommend new technologies and recommend new purchases of equipment for the technology department, plan and budget.
- Maintain complete inventory of all computers, software, and communication related equipment.
- Assure that faculty and students are informed of communication policies, and user procedures.
- Provide leadership in orientation, training, and education for students and faculty in the use of the computers, communication technology, and Internet services.
- Maintain the telephone system.
- Maintain the security system.
- Maintain the email system.
- Review relevant areas of the website and recommend changes to your supervisor
- Maintains confidentiality and accurate records
- Demonstrate a daily commitment to NCK Tech’s Mission, Vision, and Values
Other duties as assigned by the IT Director, VP of Finance and Operations, or the President.
- 12 Month Position
- Compensation based on experience
- Vacation per NCK Tech policy
- Medical leave per NCK Tech policy
- Medical Benefits Package
- 125 Benefit Package
Applicants shall include a cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three professional references and apply online. Questions should be directed to Lois Hanel, Search Liaison, at 785-738-9060. Position open until filled.